Local College Co-op - Treasury Administrative Assistant
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Dow has an exciting part-time cooperative education job
opportunity available in Midland, MI. This position is open to
qualified and highly-committed college students enrolled in a fully
accredited college or university located very close to the Midland
Dow site. Unlike a short-term internship project outside of school
terms, this particular role is a long-term, year-round,
undergraduate student position - expected to be at least one full
year in duration -- while the student is simultaneously taking
classes toward an undergraduate degree. This opportunity offers the
student valuable professional work experience in a dynamic,
multi-national corporation interfacing with colleagues and leaders
in many different roles. This program is designed for academically
successful students who meet ALL of the specific job and co-op
program requirements listed below and who can simultaneously
succeed both in school and in a professional work environment.
The position exists to provide Administrative support to the
Financial Risk Management, Compliance, Financial Operations, and
Capital Markets teams in addition to other departmental activities
and general support.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Back-up Administrative Assistant
- Provide general support to visitors
- Answer phones
- Assist with on/off-boarding of employees (interview
coordination, equipment ordering and set-up, system & security
access requests etc.)
- Input Office & equipment maintenance support tickets
(facilities, printers, phones, coffee machines etc.)
- Organize and inventory department supplies
- Manage process and approvals of department vendor payments
(investigate, verify charges, seek approvals, submit payments, and
follow-up on status etc.)
- Assist in obtaining/maintaining systems access
- Maintain filing systems
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Printing, scanning, copying, creating & distributing binders,
- General reporting (generate, aggregate and distribute
- Engage in effective, professional and helpful communication and
conduct with employees, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Other process related activities (gather counterparty financial
- Complete ad-hoc requests, deliver projects and fulfill other
routine duties as may be appropriate and/or required.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED
- There is no required course of study for this position, but
students pursuing Economics, Finance, Engineering, or other
quantitative majors may be the best fit for this team.
- Positive proactive attitude and ability to maintain
- Collaborative / Teamwork orientation with strong interpersonal
skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of
- Appropriate situational awareness to sustain the level of
professionalism required to effectively work with executives and
employees of all levels.
- A motivated resourceful self-starter, who asks for additional
things to do in any slow times.
- Excellent time/project management skills, the ability to
prioritize work, and the tenacity to drive activities to completion
by their deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of curiosity, with an interest in technology and
- Desire for continuous learning
Critical Requirements of the Local Student Co-Op Program
- High school diploma/GED and already enrolled at an accredited
college or university located close to the Midland Dow site,
pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 6 credit hours per term
during both the Fall and Winter terms (-Sept-Apr) .
- Seeking high performing student with strong GPAs of 3.000+;
however, a minimum 2.700+ term and cumulative GPA on a 4.000 scale
is required at ALL times - both to enter and to continue working in
the Dow co-op program. Attach a screen capture from your school's
website or a copy of your most recent transcripts/grade report
showing classes and recent GPAs to this application. Eligibility to
continue in this cooperative education program is checked every
- Able to begin work very soon, usually within 3 weeks of the job
offer, and work year-round at least 20 hours each week ONLY during
our regular business hours (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri...max 8 hours/day and
30/week during school).
- Commit to the role for at least 1 full calendar year (BEFORE
completing classes for your stated undergraduate degree or BEFORE
transferring out of the area). Students available longer than one
year before completing their degree program are preferred and
- Reliable attendance and punctuality in commuting to work daily
or at least 3 days a week ; therefore, dependable transportation,
dedication and time management skills are absolutely required.
- Registered/enrolled in their school's Cooperative Education
Program before the first day at Dow and comply with the school's
policies/requirements, in addition to Dow's, for the duration of
- Any current Dow college co-ops wishing to transfer into this
role must have been in their current role at least one full year,
must have at least one full year left before graduating or
transferring out of the area, and must have supervisor approval
before applying to each Dow co-op job posting.
Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to pass a
background check and drug screen/medical evaluation and will verify
school-related requirements and I-9 documentation before being
hired into Dow.
A minimum requirement for the U.S. based position is the ability to
work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is
available for this position, including for any type of U.S.
permanent residency (green card) process.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Local College Co-op - Treasury Administrative Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!