Project Controller (Design-Build)
Company: Flux Resources
Posted on: July 29, 2019
Flux specializes in staffing high-caliber professionals in the
A&E, IT, and Business Professional industries. With a focus on
people and an unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional
value, Flux offers a full range of services including staff
augmentation, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll
services. Project Controller (Design-Build) Flux Location:
Michigan, Midland Description Flux is currently searching for a
Project Controller (Design-Build) for one of our clients located in
Midland, MI. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20
offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries.
Projects include program management services from site selection
through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for
seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking a Project Controller that can provide
accurate conceptual budgets and construction estimates, sometimes
with limited or incomplete information, from quantity takeoffs,
field investigations, and construction knowledge.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Construction estimating, quantity take-offs and unit
- Conceptual budgets, detailed construction estimates, bid
package scope reviews, cost verification of contractor bid
packages, change orders and bulletins.
- Estimating will focus on all aspect of facilities and process
estimating (M, E and general trades).
- Looking for someone with experience estimating and procuring
for a self-performing General Contractor.
- Planning Procurement and buy-out strategies, developing bid
packages, assisting with bid review meetings, assembling contracts,
and contract administration.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
architecture preferred with 5 years direct working experience in
Scheduling, Estimating, Cost Control, and other Project Management
related activities, OR 10 years direct working experience in this
field in lieu of degree.
- Certified Cost Engineer (CCE), Certified Associate in Project
Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Ability to interface with engineers and contractors to gather
and decipher needed information.
- Ability to use construction knowledge to fill information gaps
and define appropriate scope and costs to include in a budget or
- Ability to foresee factors that will affect labor costs or
overall project costs and apply an appropriate allowance or
- Ability to analyze contractor bids and assist in bid reviews
- Familiarity with Sage Estimating and Aspen software a plus.
General proficient use of MS Office Suite products with a strength
in Excel is required.
- Demonstrates good organizational, verbal and written
- Due to the travel associated with this role you will need a
valid US driver's license and ability to qualify for company auto
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values
diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants
regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin,
physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran
or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation. Flux
is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our
workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race,
color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status,
genetic information or sexual orientation.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Keywords: Flux Resources, Midland , Project Controller (Design-Build), Accounting, Auditing , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!