Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Summary Administrative Assistant Position Summary: This position
greets, and completes COVID screening in order to arrive the
patient into EMR for surgical encounter and collects the hospital
admission consent. Utilize the EMR to its full potential, by
completing the admit action at first point of entry of patient.
This position will work closely with the department director,
manager, and supervisors. Collaborate with staff and respond to
manager, surgeon, and staff needs presented to them. Collaborate
with staff to maintain the flow of patients in the Waiting Room as
well as visitors. Provide timely updates from OR staff and PACU
staff to families. Modify/create reports as needed and directed by
supervisor/manager/director. A day in the life as a Administrative
Assistant with MyMichigan Health:
- 30%)* Greets all OR/IR/Cath lab patients, visitors, clergy, and
business people by providing information, direction, and assistance
with a positive attitude as the first face of our department.
- 30%)* Answers the telephone in a pleasant tone. Coordinates all
activity in the Waiting Room and collaborates with patients,
family, staff, and physicians in a professional, positive manner.
Provides accurate information with regard to hospital policy while
- 30%)*Proficiency in the EMR. Accurately utilizes all
applications necessary to complete admission to Main OR as well as
- 10%) *Assists patient families with wayfinding from Waiting
Room to multiple areas of the hospital not limited to Cafeteria,
Outpatient Testing areas, Inpatient departments. Help to meet
special needs of patients or visitors. Provides directions to
restaurants, stores, and public facilities in Midland. Other Duties
- Cross train to Pre Anesthesia Testing to assist with arrival
times for next day and scheduling of PAT nurse appointments into
their schedule as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager/Director
Required Education, Experience Skills, and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical office practices and procedures as
normally acquired through 1 year experience working
- in the medical center or similar setting.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!