Medical Office Nurse RN
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
At MyMichigan Health, our purpose is Creating Healthy Communities -
Together. We invite you to apply and join our team!
- Triages all calls, schedules daily urgent/emergent add-ons,
receives and relays test results, processes medication refills,
supports, directs and refers patients for consults and/or testing
and insurance pre-certification and documentation.
- Provides complete patient assessment within their scope of
their licensure. Greets patients and/or family, performs routine
pre-examination procedures including vital signs, assessing and
recording objective and subjective data concerning presenting
condition. Updates and maintains an accurate patient record by
performing but not limited to, orders reconciliation, secure
messaging (if available) and other tasks as assigned. Performs
medication reconciliation, enters allergy reaction type, processes
refills within the scope of their certification.
- Coordinates the care team with the care indicated by the
provider, and works with the patient and families with the disease
process and/or care management.
- Assists provider with examinations and procedures.
- Prepares and cleans the patient area, sets up equipment, cleans
and facilitates room set up after a procedure. Disposes of
contaminated supplies and sterilizes medical instruments.
- Demonstrates critical thinking for patient management.
- Provides for the age specific needs of the population served
according to standards and policies/procedures as evidenced by
observation, documentation and peer feedback.
- Maintains medical supplies to assure consistent supply levels
to meet the needs of the patients.
- Understands necessary computer functions in the office setting:
Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS), Michigan Care
Improvement Registry (MCIR), Practice Management, Electronic
Medical Records, Laboratory information system (LIS), Emageon,
dictation systems, and any other necessary programs to assist
providers and staff.
- If applicable, maybe required to travel to satellite
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
BLS- Basic Life Support
- Equivalent Experience - Basic life support is required within
30 days of hire or transfer to the position.
RN - Registered Nurse
Education: Associates Degree
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Medical Office Nurse RN, Administration, Clerical , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!