Veterans Preferred - Senior Process Engineer
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow has an exciting
opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer, located Midland, MI.
This role provides a technical resource to lead project teams
and/or to provide expertise in the process engineering fields,
using design tools and theory. Provides solutions which add value
to Dow through improvements in work process, unit operations,
operating conditions or process technology. At this level, supports
intermediate and larger capital and expense improvement projects,
or portions of the process design within significantly large
capital projects. Requires expanded conceptual and practical
knowledge in process engineering fundamentals and broadens
capabilities throughout work experience and ongoing training.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process
Engineering Work Process Discipline.
- Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the
business needs in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Creates engineering deliverables including - Mass and energy
balance models, process flow sheet, P&IDs, equipment lists,
equipment sizing, heat transfer models, overpressure protection and
process safety requirement outputs.
- Ensures that the process design is safe, meets DOW LPP's and
other EH&S requirements.
- Ensures process design deliverables meet the needs of the
project: functions as intended, on time and within budget.
- Drives project execution within their discipline at local and
- Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors
progress against the plans.
- Identifies technical problems both within designs and existing
operations. Appropriately engages the business and functional
technology center and the subject matter expert network to
- Acts as a technical resource for production engineers,
maintenance, and reliability. Brings fundamental process
engineering knowledge to troubleshoot and improve processes and
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required;
Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years engineering, manufacturing or related
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience in chemical process design and/or projects is
- Completed Fundamentals of Engineering exam or Professional
Engineer Certification is preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and
may be provided based on eligibility.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Veterans Preferred - Senior Process Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!