Veterans Preferred - Millwright Technician
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow has an exciting job
opportunity as a Journeyman Mechanic in Midland, MI.
The Journeyman Mechanic will troubleshoot and repair all rotating
equipment onsite, remove and set equipment/machinery, repair
equipment/vessels, and perform preventative maintenance on
equipment. They will be working with varying degrees of precision
- Perform safe maintenance to rotating equipment, including: pumps,
compressors, ventilation, agitators, seals, hoists, etc.
- Bolt/unbolt piping and equipment, perform proper torque and
gasketing techniques, maintain threaded piping connections.
- Safely work in all conditions/environments, to include: shop
areas, process areas, outside conditions -- all forms of weather,
elevated locations, confined space, within a team or individual
- Successfully complete all required training.
- Complete timely and accurate data entry in support of reliability
- Participate in all Safety Meetings and safety improvements
- Oversees Millwright Apprentices and is able to give directions
and assistance when needed
- Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machines
and hand tools common to the trade.
- Determines needs, analyzes, and make necessary running
adjustments, repairs, and overhauls mechanical equipment.
Dow does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone
who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from
interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area
you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
- Millwright Journeyman card or documented training.
- Must be able to work a 4-10 schedule (4 days per week at 10 hours
per day) and/or 5-8's (5 days a week at 8 hours a day).
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license to drive a company
vehicle for parts and other activity on-site.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability
to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support
is available for this position, including for any type of U.S.
permanent residency (green card) process
- Familiarity with Optic and/or Laser alignment techniques.
- NCCER certified in Millwright or Mechanical type craft (NCCER
Certification obtained through an Instructor Led Training Program
is a preference).
- Knowledgeable in the maintenance of and the proper
installation/replacement of rolling element bearings, single and
double mechanical seals, shaft couplings and rotating shaft
assemblies, and general rotating equipment of all types.
- Procedure use - this includes field use, review, revise, and
development of procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel,
and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be competent in the use of the maintenance tools to include
measuring tools such as inside/outside micrometers, depth gauges,
etc., for shaft to shaft alignment.
- Ability to work in a safe manner. Safety is a top priority at
Dow. Every individual at Dow is expected to make safety a
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication, reading, listening, and
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is
spread across the site.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them
- A self-starter who is self-motivated and can identify, prioritize
and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision within
an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Utilize functional, technical knowledge, company standards and
educational background or experience to analyze and solve
- Effectively work and maintain relationships with the Natural Work
Teams and key stakeholders with diverse perspectives and background
is essential including Engineers, Operations personnel, and
co-workers to identify and resolve technical issues
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed
- Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you
must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for
someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED is required
NOTE: The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work
overtime and holidays as needed and the ability to work according
to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without
reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this
This role will have an assessment to complete during the
application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete
the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to
save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the
link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Veterans Preferred - Millwright Technician, Engineering , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!