Project Engineer I
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY Plans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of
designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the
projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding
parameters performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Provides project leadership under the direct supervision of a
- Responsible for designated project results.
- Assists Project Manager or Director in the development of the
Project Procedure Manuel.
- Reports on status of project in the assigned work to Project
- Coordinates with Project Controls for the project schedule and
budget for appropriate element of project.
- Determines staffing requirements for the project and directs
design team personnel.
- Documents issues related to contract.
- Establishes a cost-effective environment.
- Assists in requirement review.
- Assure that adequate Project Controls for share of the project
- Establishes and defines assigned project organization.
- Assists in the development of a Project Execution Plan.
- Ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the
life of the project.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change
- Interface with the client.
- Works toward providing customer satisfaction with project
- Complies with all CDI operating guidelines and standards,
including ISO 9001 standards. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.--
This is an entry level position with limited responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of, but primarily of own discipline, project
engineering, material management, construction, cost control,
scheduling and estimating.
- Beginning knowledge of contractual issues and commercial
- Ability to assist in proposal development and
- Leadership capability and above average communication
- Demonstration of the ability to solve problems and make
decisions at a task force level.
- Planning and organizational talent. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in engineering or technical field from four-year
college or university is desired A minimum of five (5) years
experience in the engineering industry.-- A Professional
Engineering license is preferred, not required.-- 10+ years
experience in lieu of degree. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read,
analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, mechanical flowsheets, piping
specifications and governmental regulations.-- Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.-- Ability
to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients,
customers and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS---- As a
minimum, must be able to demonstrate those skills commensurate with
a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. COMPUTER SKILLS-- Must
demonstrate a familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing and
presentation software. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists.-- Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
schedule form. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands and fingers to feel or handle objects, tools or controls and
reach with hands and arms.-- The employee is regularly required to
talk and hear (i.e. audible alarms).-- The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl.---- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
10 pounds.-- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close, distance, color (i.e. color coded alarms), peripheral, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high,
precarious places, and in outside weather conditions and is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation and
vibration.-- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Job Requirements:MIdland, MI candidate
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Midland , Project Engineer I, Engineering , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!