Direct Hire - Process Automation Engineer
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Kelly Services is seeking an experienced Process Automation
Engineer for the Midland, MI area.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply today!!!
Type: Direct Hire
The Process Automation Engineer applies functional skills,
knowledge and experience within the Process Automation (PA)
discipline and work processes, by developing process automation
functional specifications and applications for capital and
improvement projects including start-up and training. The Process
Automation engineer will also serve as the facility focal point for
Process Safety. This person will have responsibility to assure that
process safety technology, management systems and hazard assessment
tools are appropriately applied at the site. Process Safety and
Process Automation support is primarily accomplished through
partnership with Site / Responsible Care Leadership, Global
Technology Partners, Global EH&S Leaders, Research &
Development, Plant Operations Personnel, and other Global Process
Engineering/Process Automation/Design & Construction roles. This
requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to
fulfill the role.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Design of functional descriptions (e.g. PCSD's) for Process
Automation strategies by applying plant knowledge, work-process
- Develop, test and commission Process Automation software and
operator interface software to meet design criteria utilizing the
Process Control Work Process Discipline section, SPP/GPM work
processes and approved Process Control tools.
- Team member in the implementation of new DCS.
- Leverage and apply best practices from the Project Team,
Business and the Process Automation function.
- Improve plant operation and performance through Process
Automation concepts and through application of improvement
- Leverage and create process automation MET on the standard
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to identify the root cause
of problem areas in MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) software
suite. 1st level contact, and escalates problems to appropriate
group (Hardware support, MOD support, IS)
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause of
problem areas in Process Control code, Operator Interface or
hardware and effectively resolve these problems with stakeholders
input (resolution of exception reports, elements in manual, and
reduction of alarms / unplanned events).
- Ensure reliable, optimized plant operation by successfully
managing and implementing Process Control related changes,
utilizing, Process Control Work Process Discipline, Small Project
Process (SPP), approved functional tools and MOC process.
- Ensure Process Control Operating Discipline is maintained and
updated in the Process Control Strategy Description and code.
- Works with the SPC Implementation role to ensure process
control changes are aligned with plant SPC strategy.
- Utilize available techniques and tools such as SPC for
optimizing plant Process Control system and reduction / prevention
of unplanned events.
- Utilize existing or develop Process Control and plant
performance indicators to monitor effectiveness of plant operation
and the Process Control system.
- Perform Digital Control System loads utilizing defined
procedures for both simulation and production environments.
- Link to Process Control Engineering / Process Information
functions to update and implement control technology / process
information improvements and capitalize on current best practices
(Most Effective Technology and Work Process Discipline).
- Coordinate Process Information system maintenance with Process
Information and Information Services support groups.
- Coordinate Process Control system maintenance with Process
Control field support group and conduct audits for Environmental
Health & Safety (EH&S) and Process Control standards
- Work with Site Leader and Operations Leader to define
appropriate plant / business rules for on-shift Process Control and
process information work.
- Provide training and coaching for Shift Process Control Focal
Points and coordinate Focal Point efforts.
- Provide local Process Safety Support on the following:
- Reactive Chemical Process Hazard Analysis (RCPHA) and New
- Support LOPA reviews and revalidation where needed.
- Process Safety Focal Point for Management of Change
- Occupied building / facility siting studies.
- Portable building / tent siting requests.
- Safety System Impairment management system.
- Firefighting system impairment.
- Hazardous Area Classification.
- Asset Integrity implementation and management systems.
- Locally required process safety risk assessments.
- PSM focal point, and auditor
- Lead Assessment of facilities for compliance against government
regulation, site safety standards as well as technology center
specific standards and operating discipline.
- Review process changes for adherence to government, site and
technology center-based process safety standards.
- Mentor and coach plant technical staff and less experienced
engineers in troubleshooting process automation, problem solving,
and process safety.
- Deliver Process Automation and Process Safety Training.
- Participate in incident investigations as Process Safety and
Process Automation expert.
- Own and manage facility Process Control Policy and work
- Own and manage the facility Process Safety Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Process automation experience
- 5 years' experience in process control application
- Exposure with process control hardware and system design.
- Working knowledge of Process Safety.
NOTE: This position is not being recruited by your local Kelly
branch. To be considered for this position, please email a current
resume to Patf329@kellyservices.comWhy Kelly--?As a worker today,
its up to you to take charge of your career and look for
opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential.
you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on
in the evolving world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance,
and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have
never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about
whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach
their full potential. In fact, were a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Midland , Direct Hire - Process Automation Engineer, Engineering , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!