Project Manager III
Company: CDI Engineering Solutions
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Project Manager IIIMidland, MI
SUMMARYPlans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of
designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the
projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding
parameters performing the following duties personally or through
subordinate supervisors assigned to the projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides project leadership under the general supervision of a
- Responsible for designated project results.
- Develop the Project Procedure Manual under the guidance of a
- Reports on status of project to a Project Director.
- Coordinates with Project Controls on the schedule and budget
for appropriate element of project.
- Determines staffing requirements and directs design team
- Documents issues related to the contract, know the contract and
execute per the terms of the contract.
- Establishes a cost-effective environment.
- Maximize profitability for CDI.
- Be proactive in meeting challenges and deliver value.
- Expand CDI's role and services.
- Assess risk and take action to mitigate risk.
- Maintain communication on all aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change
- Ensure a safe work environment and a safe design, per CDI and
client safety guidelines.
- Conducts requirements review.
- Assures that adequate Project Controls for the project are
- Establishes and defines project organization under guidance
- Develops Project Execution Plan for designated project.
- Ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the
life of the project.
- Coach and mentor project team.
- Interfaces with the client regarding project (s).
- Works toward ensuring customer satisfaction with project
- Complies with all CDI operating guidelines and standards,
including ISO - 9001 standards.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required:
- Capable of planning, organizing and running small projects up
to $50MM TIC.
- Should have excellent knowledge of all areas of engineering
execution, discipline interface, how information flows between
disciplines and how to tailor to the project.
- Excellent knowledge of material management processes across all
accounts and all phases of the project life cycle and of
construction execution and interfaces with engineering and
- Able to perform as a site manager, analyze project controls
documents with knowledge across a spectrum of projects. Able to
present cost estimates to CDI Management and clients, fully
understand and administer U.S. contracts.
- Can act as head of contract negotiation team, think
strategically in terms of positioning CDI to make the maximum
profit, act as proposal manager on large projects, prepare and
administer business plan including risk mitigation.
- Shows leadership with regard to automation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership capability on projects in the
office as well as in the field.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with task force, with
client and with CDI management.
- Has solid presentation skills, excellent problem solving and
decision making skills.
- Is able to make decisions that must be made, however
- Exhibits knowledge and concern regarding personnel development
and works to accomplish with leads and supervised employees.
- Has proven track record of good client relations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field from a
four-year college or university is desired.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in the engineering industry, 5
years as Project Manager II.
- Professional Engineering license preferred, not required.
- 15 + years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience based on knowledge, skills, and abilities may
qualify with the approval of Director of Engineering.
Keywords: CDI Engineering Solutions, Midland , Project Manager III, Executive , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!