RN Care Coordinator
Posted on: December 3, 2019
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and
prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team,
we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling
ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer
healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the
country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we
serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.We are excited
to offer anexceptional opportunity as a RN Care Coordinator with
the Dow Family HealthCenter located in Midland, Michigan. -- --
--Midland, the heart of Michigan------stechnology basin, is home to
the Dow Chemical Company------s worldheadquarters. -- For more than
100 years, Dow has been at the forefront ofinnovation and values
the health and wellness of their employees. Dow is one
ofForbes------ Best 15 Companies to work for and the top employer
in Midland, MI.Located in the Tri-Cities region ofMichigan, Midland
was ranked the fourth best small city to raise a family byForbes in
2010. Enjoy many cultural and sports opportunities, from
thebeautiful Dow Gardens to architectural tours to ample sports
venues (includingsoccer, hockey, tennis, and softball). --QuadMed
provides workplace solutionson a national level to employers of all
sizes. Our Health and Wellness Centersprovide medical, laboratory,
pharmacy, fitness, and rehabilitation servicesalong with
coordinated care through relationships with local
hospitals,providers, and specialists. --GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
--The RN Care Coordinator is acritical component in providing
patient education, facilitating servicesnecessary that are outside
and inside of the Healrh Center, provides patientfollow-up to
ensure care was provided and is effective and supports the
Providersin the QuadMed --Chronic Condition programs including
diabetes, asthma,and --hypertensive conditions. -- This individual
will track and maintainaccurate documentation of the coordination
and referral process in thepatient------s medical record. -- --
- Implements the Patient Center Medical Home Model philosophy
into the patient experience.
- Conducts education and referrals utilizing regulatory
guidelines within the state.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Tracking and
- Document and track activity related to referrals in the EMR
- Run, monitor and appropriately manage the referral
- Proivide updates to providers and clinical staff as
- Acts as a --program resource for patients and internal partners
including scheduling appointments, referring patients to
appropriate resources and assisting patients in all aspects of the
- Facilitates the sending and receiving of information to
service/referral providers and provide follow-up for patient
- Provide case management by being a patient advocate, resource
and contact for patients and families in care coordination and
- Conducts staff education and coaching to ensure they are aware
of all the program resources and updates available to their
- Phone Triage to include outlining the Chronic Condition
Management program to patients and directing them to the
- Propely documenting all phone paitent encounters in the EMR.
- Establishes proactive outreach opportunities to increase
patient health and outcomes and assist in future planning of
- Distributes program marketing and referral information to
providers and assists them in selecting best practice options for
- Organizes enrollment and tracking of new membership as the
program grows through new QuadMed locations and providers.
- Assists with wellness programming as needed.
- Provide outreach to patients discharged from area hospitals or
surgery centers when made aware of the event to provide follow-up
assistance and/or to inquire on patient------s status and
- Manages role relationship and includes Supervisor in role
facilitation and effectiveness.
- Performs clerical support duties including faxing, scanning and
data entry (i.e. lab values.) in partnership with care
- Aids in administering and tracking contract performance
guarantees with the Legal, Sales, Account Management and Operations
- Acknowledges and adheres to patient------s rights on
confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all
times and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Performs duties in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics
and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Other duties as assigned by clinic supervisor.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on
an equivalent basis --Education: --Requires a registered nurse
degreefrom an accredited college or university --Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years outpatient care experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience --in case management, or able
- Experience promoting wellness programming is a plus
- Requires a current and valid license in the state of the
position or a compact state license.
- CPR or current BLS certification within 60 days of hire.
- PALS a plus --Knowledge, Skills &Abilities: --
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, with
proven organizational and facilitation ability.
- Strong team player with ability to be a self-starter
professional who can work independently and proactively toward
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook,
and Excel -- -- Weoffer excellent benefits to eligible employees,
including 401(k), holidays,vacations and more. In select
states,patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned
corporation. --Quad/Graphicsis an equal employment opportunity
employer. The Company------s policy is not tounlawfully
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
race,color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin,age, military or veteran status, disability,
genetic information or any otherconsideration made unlawful by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. TheCompany also prohibits
harassment of applicants and employees based on any ofthese
protected categories. -- --DrugFree Workplace -- --
Keywords: Quad, Midland , RN Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!