Travel Caregiver (2nd Shift)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Overview Travel Caregiver - 2ND SHIFT STRONGLY
PREFERREDCorsoCare Staffing AgencyJob Status: Full-Time, Part-Time,
PRNPay: $17-19 per hourCovering Area: Greater Midland areaAt
CorsoCare we offer:
- Employee First - YOU BELONG, YOU MATTER!
- What makes you different, makes us great
- You are part of a team
- Your unique experiences and perspectives inspire others
- Excellent pay and mileage reimbursement
- Growth from training, supportive leadership, and
- Flexible schedulePosition Summary:As a Travel Caregiver you
will cover needs at different Senior Living Communities for-- a
shift, several days or weeks, depending on that communities needs.
You are responsible for providing caring and personalized
assistance for residents living in our communities. This position
will assist residents in all day to day functions.Required
Experience for Travel Caregiver:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous Healthcare, Geriatrics or experience working with the
elderly population preferred.
- Desire to work with geriatric population essential.
- Driver---s License and Proof of Insurance.Responsibilities for
- Provide care support to communities within assigned
- Comfortable driving up to a hour (45-50 miles).
- Bathe and clean, as needed, both male and female residents by
bed bath, shower and/or whirlpool.
- Assist in cleaning teeth, shampooing/combing hair, cleaning and
cutting nails, applying make-up, shaving and cleaning glasses of
both male and female residents.
- Assist residents as needed in dressing appropriately,
encouraging usual and appropriate clothing.
- Make residents--- beds and change linens as needed, clean up
room and closet, picking up unnecessary articles and arranging room
- Assist residents requiring total or partial assist with dining,
set up food for residents needing assistance.
- Follow medication administration protocols as identified for
each individual resident.
- Answer emergency calls promptly.
- Assist residents with bedpan, urinal, and bedside commode or to
bathroom as needed and/or as directed. Check and change incontinent
brief every two hours or more frequently if needed.
- Take and give notice in writing, vital signs (temp, pulse,
respiration & blood pressure), heights and weights as requested,
report abnormal or unusual signs to nurse or Executive Director.
Report skin breakdown, pressure sores and changes in residents---
physical/mental condition to Wellness Director or Executive
- Clean wheelchairs, walkers, commodes, bedpans and urinals per
- Report unusual color or odor of excretions (urine, drainage,
stool or sputum) before discarding it.
- Assist in the transport, transfer, ambulation, frequent
positioning, provide ROM to residents and all other ADL---s as
assigned. Use measures that ensure resident and associate safety.
Request assistance when lifting, turning and moving residents,
using lifting devices when needed.
- Transport to activities, meals and appointments as
- Help maintain personal dignity of each resident by ensuring
privacy and treating them with respect. Understand and follow
Resident Bill of Rights.
- Provide, direct and participate in activity programming and
activity-based care for the residents.
- Assist in admission, transfer and discharge of residents
including ensuring rooms are ready for admit and assist resident
with belongings upon discharge.
- Complete Daily Assignment sheets during shift and according to
instructions using only authorized abbreviations.
- Identify resident before providing care.
- Follow universal precautions and isolation procedures for
- Accepts changes/additions to schedule during staffing
difficulties when necessary. Accepts assignment in time of
emergency, regardless of any location and/or any day of the week be
- Additional duties as assigned, including assisting with dining
and housekeeping#CORAJ #CB Serving is our Business Connecting
Seniors, Families and CommunitiesStoryPoint--and--Independence
Village--have over 35 years of experience working and living with
seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and
desires. It---s this combination of technology, understanding,
appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our
culture so special for both our employees and our residents.
Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents
as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.1440 CultureNot Just
Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440
minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an
exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful,
yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be
Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the
aspirational goal of creating the absolute best experience with
every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.It
begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every
level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader.
Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other
above everything else. No one here just ---does their job--- The
mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis
on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the
right reasons.We have developed an environment that attracts
dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek
career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
biggest ideas.We have comprehensive benefit packages that include
health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and
extraordinary work-life benefits.This classification description is
intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work
difficulty that are required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be.-- It is not
intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor
to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under
her/his supervision.-- The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not
mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.Equal
Opportunity EmployerClick--on--glassdoor--to see our employee
Keywords: CorsoCare, Midland , Travel Caregiver (2nd Shift), Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!