Surgical Technologist (CST)
Company: MidMichigan Health
Posted on: November 13, 2021
Surgical Technologist (CST) Position Summary:This position is a
Surgical Technologist (CST) in the Operating Room. Surgical
Technologist III understands and demonstrates the knowledge of
surgical procedures. Assure all supplies and equipment are
available for the procedure and in working condition. Confirm
and/or assemble sterile instruments for use correctly. Anticipate
the needs of the surgeon. They assist in keeping accurate account
of medications, sharps, instruments, and sponges. They are
responsible for maintaining and monitoring the sterile field.
- Hours: Part-time including a benefits package with immediate
paid time off!
- Shift: Any Shift! We will be flexible with your schedule!
- $2,500 sign on bonus included!
- Location: Midland, MI
A day in the life as a Surgical Technologist (CST) at MidMichigan
Health in our Operating Room:
- (30%)* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and
ability to problem solve in relation to the procedure being
performed. Verifies supplies and items on the physician preference
cards. Accountable for supplies so that accurate patient charges
- (30%)* Demonstrates proper use of equipment, assembling of
equipment, disposables as well as cleaning and sterilizing. Assures
all equipment, supplies and instruments are assembled correctly and
in working condition for the surgical procedure.
- (30%)* Maintains the sterile environments. Monitors the sterile
field and recognizes breaks in technique.
- (10%)* Sets up sterile field with instruments in a timely
manner. Keeps accurate account of all medications, sponges,
instruments and sharps on the sterile fields per policy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a positive, courteous and helpful attitude toward
patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with
interdisciplinary personnel to meet the needs of each patient.
- Remains calm and efficient when working in stressful
- Shares information and reports significant changes and/or
abnormal findings to appropriate team members.
- Participates in regulatory surveys. Participates in performance
- Assists with orientation and ongoing competencies.
- Attends and participates in professional association activities
and programs to assure being current on regulations, guidelines,
and professional standards of care.
- Remains current on new developments by reading professional
journals, and attending seminars.
- Fulfills on-call responsibilities and extra shift coverage as
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Training, and Skills:
- Associate in Surgical Technology, certification in surgical
- Surgical Technologist III is a certified surgical technologist
who has been employed for more than 5 years in the operating
- Five years of operating room experience as a surgical
- CST certification by the Association of Surgical Technologist
completed and maintained within two years of the signature of job
- Initial certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist
(CST) is based upon satisfactory performance on the national
certifying examination following completion of an accredited
program in surgical technology.
- These individuals take on greater responsibility in providing
patient care by being an expert in three specialty areas as
described by the specialty coordinator of the service.
- These practitioners demonstrate problem solving skills along
with higher level of critical thinking skills.
- These practitioners also precept individuals and participate in
education of staff if needed.
- Operating Room Competency must be maintained If career ladder
implemented at medical center, Surgical Technologist III must
complete skills/practice defined for a Surgical Technologist III as
stated in the career ladder.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical skills needed to properly use
and hold surgical instruments.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING
CONDITIONS:Exposure to stressful situations, including those
involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death. Able
to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex materials
or appropriate substitute if required for your position. Is able to
move freely about facility with or without an assisted device and
must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the
job description. Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or
without assisted device(s). Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
for long periods of time.May require frequent postural changes such
as stooping, kneeling or crouching. Some exposure to blood borne
pathogens and other potentially infectious material. Must follow
MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
stay awake. Overall dexterity is required including handling,
reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition
of these movements on a regular to frequent basis. Physical Demand
Level: Medium. Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday)
lift or carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66% of the workday 20 lbs.
and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls and constantly
(67-100% or the workday) 10 lbs.
Location: MidMichigan Health -- Surgical Services
Schedule: Part Time, Any Shift, EIP - Staff
Keywords: MidMichigan Health, Midland , Surgical Technologist (CST), Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!