Hospital at Home Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Hospital at Home Registered Nurse (RN) Position Summary
MidMichigan Health is embarking on a journey to offer Hospital at
Home care to our patients. This innovative approach to care allows
patients who are acutely ill to receive care and recover in their
own home, where they are most comfortable, through the combination
of remote patient monitoring equipment, nursing and other
discipline home visits coupled with physician telemedicine
- Workload : Number of patients seen in this position: 0-1
patient maximum patients per night. Most nights there will not be a
hospital at home patient on service. The on-call RN will still
receive on call pay when there are no patients on service. If there
is one patient on service, many nights that patient will not
require RN support during the night. All patients are carefully
screened to ensure continuous caregiver 24/7 and to be medically
stable to recover successfully at home. All hospital at home
patients receive two in person RN visits, one virtual hospitalist
visit, and two telehealth assessments to address concerns or issues
on the day shift.
- Incentive Pay: $4 an hour on call, on call and shift
differential. Will be provided I phone, laptop, all required
supplies. All travel time and documentation time compensated.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Hours: Casual
- Schedule: On Call
- Shift- 8:00 PM-8:00 AM
- Be a part of MidMichigan Health's newest innovation to
A day in the life of on call hospital at home nurse
- (90%) Down time not needed since only on call if needed
- (10%) Triage and phone support for one hospital at home patient
per shift, collaboration with hospitalist regarding patient needs,
documentation time in medical record, travel time, patient visit
- Phone triage support to one hospital at home patient. Assesses
patient needs, collaborate with hospitalist
- Make prn in home nursing visit to one hospital at home patient
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation in medical record
- Huddle hand off with day shift nurse at transition during start
or end od shift
Required Education, Experience, Training, and Skills:
- Associate's Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Michigan
- Driver's License and Vehicle Insurance Required.
- One year of direct patient care experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating problem solving
and organizational skills.
- Ability to work where employee may be exposed to communicable
diseases in unpredictable home situations.
- Attend hospital at home orientation (4-32 hours of orientation
depending on Epic and/or clinical experience).
- Attend hospital at home Epic documentation training
- Ability to drive in hazardous road conditions Associated
topics: ambulatory, infusion, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical,
recovery, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, unit
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Midland , Hospital at Home Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!