Registered Nurse (RN)- Operating Room
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Nurse- OR Position Summary:
This position is responsible for assessing the needs of each
patient before and during a surgical procedure, and maintains
patient safety. The RN outlines individual care plans, implements,
evaluates and documents care of patient during surgical procedures.
Provides leadership to the OR team. Communicates with the patient
and family, OR team, supervisor, manager and ancillary departments.
Participates in staff development through preceptorship and
- Shift: Day Shift
- Location: MyMichigan Health Operating Room, Midland, MI
What MyMichigan offers their Registered Nurse- OR:
- New competitive wages in 2022
- $10,000 Sign on bonus included
- New incentive pay for our on call schedule in 2022
- No experience, no problem! We provide on the job training
including an AORN training program.
- Alternating weekends or holidays.
- Benefits included within 30 days or less! Package including
Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Exposure to several different surgical services, including:
Orthopedic, ENT, Open Heart, etc.
- $5,000 sign on bonus! It s a small token we can give as a thank
- Immediate time off! Yes, a work environment with work life
- Internal promotion progression plan. Perfect your craft and get
promoted for it!
- Culture of safety!
- We focus on patient experience and our quality of care.
- Tuition reimbursement to continue your education!
- Retirement fund with a company match!
- Professional advancement program available.
A day in the life as Registered Nurse- OR at MyMichigan Health
- Assesses the needs of the surgical patient and develops a plan
of care specific for that patient.
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care during the procedure,
and makes necessary adjustments keeping patient safety a
- Supervises activity in the room. Anticipates and coordinates
any schedule changes for the room.
- Assembles equipment and supplies.
- Assists anesthesia as necessary.
- Monitors sterile field.
- Communicates with patient, family, physician, OR team,
supervisor/manager, and ancillary departments.
- Participates in staff development by attending in-services,
educational meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings/seminars
for educational opportunity along with leadership and growth
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and reports
pertinent data to the physician, including pertinent clinical
- Provide education to meet the individual patient needs and
ability to learn.
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with
interdisciplinary personnel to meet the needs of each patient.
- Able to recognize deficiencies in routine and correct.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication and assessment skills
with both family and patient.
- Seeks assistance of necessary support services to guarantee
appropriate home care.
- Completes appropriate charting and documentation according to
policy, standards, and procedures.
- Demonstrates assessment of pain, promotes comfort through
required intervention, and documents accordingly..
- Demonstrates understanding of clinical pathways and utilizes
- Documents in an accurate, clear, and concise way and includes
pertinent clinical data.
- Participates in the performance improvement activities.
- Assists with orientation and ongoing competencies.
- Provides a safe and secure environment for patient care.
- Attend and participate in professional association activities
and programs to assure being current on regulations, guidelines,
and professional standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of role in emergency preparedness
Required Education, Experience, Training and Skills:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelors Degree
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Michigan
- Two years of nursing experience either in the critical units or
emergency department preferred.
- Certified Surgical Tech (CST) with RN license or first
assistant with RN license preferred.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of normal pre-operative,
intra-operative and post-operative routine.
- Demonstrates a good basic knowledge of anesthetic agents and
their side effects/complications.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize along with
communication and leadership skills
- Remains calm and efficient when working in stressful
situations. Associated topics: asn, care unit, ccu, hospice, nurse,
psychatric, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgical, unit
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Midland , Registered Nurse (RN)- Operating Room, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!