Behavioral Health Therapist MSW
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The essential functions of this position include, but are not
limited to, serving as a therapist and Case Manager for patients in
the Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program. The therapist is
responsible for planning and delivery of therapy and educational
services to patients, and, if indicated, to their families and
significant others; monitoring and management of patient behavior
in order to maintain the therapeutic environment and patient
safety; performs admission, discharge and utilization review
functions; and effectively markets the program. Other functions may
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (35%)* Responsible group therapy and psycho-educational groups
and for individual therapy sessions. Also responsible for
collateral contacts, as needed, and family sessions
- (20%)*Assesses patients upon admission and collects data to
determine the current status of patients and collaboratively sets
treatment goals with patients
- (20%)* Participates improving the patients' physical and mental
health and maintaining patient safety.
- (15%)* Screens program applicants , and provides admissions
information or makes recommendations for and alternative
appropriate treatment and setting.
- (10%)* Maintains program patient medical record and records
information legibly, accurately, using the approved format, timely,
and following all procedures.
ther Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the admission process, including orientation of
- Provides group or individual therapy for patients
- Responsible for the documentation of Bio Psycho Social
Assessments, Continuing Care Plans, Admission Reviews, Problem
Lists, Discharge Summaries and Treatment Planning.
- Serves as group therapy facilitator and individual therapist
- Conducts group and individual educational sessions for
patients, family members and significant others.
- Provides individual/conjoint therapy to patients, family
members and significant others.
- Participates in patient progress review meetings.
- Responds appropriately to patient conditions utilizing critical
- Demonstrates effective and pleasant interpersonal
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible in changing work
- Verifies Patients' insurance, obtains authorization to bill for
treatment, and ensures program meets insurance company criteria for
- Participates in data collection as needed to analyze the
success of the program in addition to the other quality metrics of
- Adheres to all policies and procedures related to employment,
safety, program provision and operations.
- Is familiar with the Michigan Mental Health Code as it relates
to: recipient rights; Confidentiality; Abuse and Neglect; and Duty
- Demonstrates competency in Infection Prevention and Control
Practices and Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, and Licensures
- Master's Social work or Doctorate in Psychology
- P/SW - Licensed Psychologist/ Licensed Master of Social Work in
the State of Michigan required
- Candidate can also possess an LPC or LLP.
- Limited License employees must be actively working to obtain
full licensure and obtain wthin 1 year of employment
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention required within 6 months
of hire or transfer
- BLS - Basic Life Support - must have or obtain within 30 days
of hire or transfer.
Experience, Training and Skills
- Must have been involved in the delivery of mental health
services for at least 1 year within the previous 5 years.
- Must participate in recipient rights instruction within 30 days
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
Physical/Mental Requirements and Typical Working Conditions
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex
materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
May require frequent postural changes such as stooping, kneeling or
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
infectious material. Must follow MidMichigan Health blood borne
pathogen and TB testing as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition of these
movements on a regular to frequent basis.
- Physical Demand Level: Light. Must be able to occasionally
(0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 11-20 lbs., frequently (34-66%
of the workday) 10 lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Behavioral Health Therapist MSW, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!