Respiratory Therapist Educator Internal Only
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Summary General Summary In collaboration with the director and
management of Respiratory Services. Is responsible for clinical
guidance, leadership, and competence of the Respiratory staff at
all medical centers. Coordinates respiratory student's activities
in the hospital setting. Delivers critical care, routine therapy,
and diagnostic testing as directed by a physician. Works
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (20%)* Acts as system wide clinical resource person for staff
in day to day activities of the department.
- (20%)* Develops, maintains and refines patient driven protocols
according to best practices.
- (20%)* Develop annual education plan for the department. Review
and be familiar with current trends, problems, and issues impacting
Respiratory Care, both locally and globally. Plan and develop
educational experiences and/or competencies to address these
- (20%)* Develops, provides and maintains educational programs
for the staff, patients, family of the patient and the community we
serve. Develop and implement CEU opportunities, departmental
competencies and annual competencies.
- Develop professional ladder and hospital at home programs.
- (20%)* Coordinates clinical rotations for respiratory therapy
students and provides educational opportunities to all school
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all respiratory care therapeutic modalities sand
- Identifies problems, determines causes, and collaborates with
management to resolve them.
- Acts as resource in Managers absence.
- Recording Keeping - conferences, staff certifications and
- Provides expert assistance in unusual or critical/emergent
situations involving life support decisions and actions.
- Provides respiratory care-related educational opportunities as
needed to other departments within the system, such as
- Develops and coordinates orientation for all new respiratory
care employees, and for current employees who are being
cross-trained or are expanding their roles within the
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE,
TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy required. Highly
preferred bachelor's degree or obtain within 3 years of hire of
- Current State of Michigan License in Respiratory Care
- National Board Respiratory Care (CRT, RRT) required.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required.
- NRP required.
- PALS required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Five year experience as an RRT.
- Ability to speak, read, and writes English fluently.
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all professional and
- Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to accumulate, evaluate clinical data and
provide/recommended proper procedures for patient care.
- Ability to adapt to department and hospital needs.
- Ability to make competent, professional
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex
materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
May require frequent postural changes such as stooping, kneeling or
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
infectious material. Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne
pathogen and TB testing as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition of these
movements on a regular to frequent basis.
- Physical Demand Level: Medium. Must be able to occasionally
(0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66%
of the workday 20 lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg
controls and constantly (67-100% or the workday) 10 lbs.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Respiratory Therapist Educator Internal Only, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!