Clinical Intake Nurse RN
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Clinical Intake Nurse (RN) Position Summary:
Responsible for receiving and processing incoming inquiries and
referrals regarding home care services
A day in the life as aClinical Intake Nurse (RN)with MyMichigan
- (25%)* Upon receipt of referral from the medical center s Home
Care Coordinator/Discharge Planner, visitsacute care
patients/families to explain services and complete referral
information and download to Agency.
- (25%)* Provides patients/caregivers/physicians with the
necessary information to promote informeddecision-making leading to
the achievement of optimal level of independence.
- (25%)*Assists in determining if referral is appropriate and
eligible for services.
- (25%)* Coordinates the HomeCare plan with medical center s case
manager, discharge planner, physician,ancillary staff, patient,
family, and other community resources as appropriate.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that orders and all necessary information to initiate
services are obtained.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for client services,
providing information regarding agency andcommunity services
- Performs pre-admission calls.
- Receives and processes physician orders.
- Communicates patient needs with agency personnel; changes in
- Triage patient calls to appropriate agency personnel
- Utilizes Agency documentation system to record services
provided according to agency, professional, andprogram
- Assists in maintenance of patient records.
- Educates external health care professionals regarding range of
services agency provides. Assists in
- Agency community education activities as requested.
- Participates in Agency quality and performance improvement
- Participates in Agency projects and committees as
- Participates in weekend and holiday rotations and on-call
duties as identified in personnel policies.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service education programs,
and other opportunities for learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Training:
- Associate Degree in Nursing Required, BSN preferred
- Registered Nurse with the State of Michigan
- Reliable vehicle, valid drivers license and insurance
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective customer
relations and interpersonal relationships.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work
autonomously, demonstrating problem
solving, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, implement, and coordinate services and
- Ability to speak, write, and understand the English
- Ability to perform essential job functions with reasonable
accommodations. Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, care
unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, nurse, nurse clinical,
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Midland , Clinical Intake Nurse RN, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!