Pharmacist - Ambulatory Care
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Summary This position provides ambulatory clinical pharmacy
services (disease management and comprehensive medication review)
for patients that range in age from birth to 100+ years. The
purpose of ambulatory pharmacy services is to optimize the care of
outpatients and achieve therapeutic outcomes in specific chronic
disease states as outlined in the Collaborative Drug Therapy
Management Agreements (CDTM) with providers
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to
practitioners. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, or otheroffice
healthcare professionals regarding drug information and appropriate
drug therapy. Collaborates routinely with practitioners regarding
medication therapy changes per current standards. Suggests
appropriate, costeffective therapeutic alternatives to medical
staff as needed. Assists physicians/office staff with any
medication questions, insurance issues, hospital followup visits,
medication reconciliation, refills, referrals, Annual Medicare
Wellness visits, etc. Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug
information to professional staff.
- Provides drug information to patients and their families.
Provides education to patient regarding medications and disease
state. Clarifies any medication questions with any of the patient's
physicians/specialists when needed.
- Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts
appropriately. Utilizes standard work while in patient visits and
during telephone calls. Documents all clinical activities and
interventions accurately and completely.
- Complies with established corporate and departmental policies,
procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety
codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and
accrediting agency provisions as required.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional
communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers.
Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug
interactions, drug-disease interactions, drug-food interactions,
drug-laboratory test interactions, allergies, appropriateness of
therapy, and therapeutic duplications.
- Utilizes disease state and medication assessment per evidence
based care plans, protocols, and clinical judgment.
- Screens all patients for immunization status and documentation
in Health Record with accuracy.
- Lead and participate in teaching programs of the Department and
other education as related to Ambulatory Complex Disease
Management. Precept and mentor IPPE, APPE pharmacy students, and
- Provide staff development support to nurses, physicians, and
other healthcare providers.
- Provide presentations, publications, and other informative
activities on medicationrelated topics to the healthcare community
- Attends orientation, education, and training programs.
- Reviews literature and other materials pertinent to the
practice of pharmacy.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to
position as mandated by MyMichigan Health.
- Will be required to travel to different clinic locations within
the health system as deemed necessary.
Required Certification and Licensure
CSL-PHARM- Controlled Substance
Education: Doctorate Comments: Completion of a Pharm.D. degree and
current licensure in the state of Michigan Required
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Pharmacist - Ambulatory Care, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!