Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
This position, independently or in consultation with a physician,
administers medications, performs various types of therapeutic
modalities and diagnostic testing for and of the cardio-pulmonary
system, responds to arrest and emergency situations and provides
CPR and life support systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (25%)* Performs Respiratory care to evaluate and treat protocol
- (25%)* Delivers medications via aerosol and metered dose
- (25%)* Responds to all Rapid Responses, arrest or STAT
situations immediately, maintaining artificial airways, and
respiration and cardiac compressions.
- (25%)* Sets up and maintains all oxygen according to
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the physiological and mechanical aspects of a patient
that requires life support.
- Weans patients off the ventilator.
- Performs chest physiotherapy and airway clearance.
- Assesses patient to recommend appropriate therapy.
- Performs special procedures for diagnostic and therapeutic
reasons, i.e., PFT, bronchoscopes, drawing/analyzing arterial blood
gas samples, EKGs, Holter monitoring and oximetry.
- Provides supplemental oxygen throughout the hospital and
maintains and changes equipment.
- Maintains inpatient charts and clarifies physician's orders for
- Performs chart auditing and participates in the quality
- Assists in orientation of new employees.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows. An
employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Must be a graduate of a school Respiratory Therapy with at
least a 2 year Associate's Degree (exception: any therapist who has
the RTT credential on or before July 1, 2004 is not required to
have an Associate's Degree)
- Current State of Michigan License in Respiratory Care
- National Board Respiratory Care (CRT, RRT) required.
- Current Basic Life Support required upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) (for non-casual) certification required
within 365 days of hire.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment (ventilators,
ABG analyzers, etc.).
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must also be completed annually according to the Exposure
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex
materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of
- May require frequent postural changes such as stooping,
kneeling or crouching.
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
- Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling.
- May require repetition of these movements on a regular to
- Physical Demand Level: Medium. Must be able to occasionally
(0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66%
of the workday 20 lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg
controls and constantly (67-100% or the workday) 10 lbs.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!