Dining and Catering Aide
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Dining and Catering Aide Position Summary:
This position performs a variety of duties in the dining and
catering services department to provide the best quality care to
patients, employees, and visitors. Duties may include but are not
limited to serving and preparing food for dining room service,
serving and preparing food, the processing of diet orders,
selection of appropriate menus, utilization of modified and regular
standardized recipes, distributing patient trays, operating
equipment needed in service areas, operating cash registers,
customer service and set up, preparation, service and cleanup of
catered events, working in the pot and pan or dish room areas, and
restocking and maintaining areas.
Why You Will Love Being a Dining and Catering Aide at MyMichigan
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life as a Dining and Catering Aide:
- (40%)* Oversee, inspect, and monitor the timely preparation,
set-up, replenishment, accuracy, temperature, appearance, and
service of designated menu items and equipment in all service areas
prior to the startup of service. Assure temperatures are being
- (35%)* Request supplies needed and prepare all types of foods
by appropriate method of cookery, utilizing proper food handling
techniques, and following standardized recipes.
- (25%)* Adhere to proper sanitation standards and cleaning
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills assessment through the learning management
system upon hire.
- Knowledge of food preparation, service, and modified diet
restrictions as normally acquired through one to three years'
experience working in a medical care facility or similar setting
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report any major concerns (i.e. spoiled products, unsafe food
items, schedule coverage, and staffing shortages).
- Meet the special needs of customers and patients.
- Assemble patient trays and deliver them to patient areas.
- Assure proper labeling and storage of food products and/or menu
- Record statistical data required (actual quantities produced
and used and meal count records).
- Responsible for accuracy of standardized recipes and
acknowledges diet orders utilizing EPIC and CBORD computer
- Operate cash registers. Monitor tray line for accuracy and
- Set up, serve, and clean up a variety of catered events
(buffets, luncheons, teas, etc.).
- Identify and understand the different diets in accordance with
the diet manual.
- Assist co-workers to prepare food items required for assigned
areas utilizing proper food handling techniques and following
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
- Employees are required to take a computer skills assessment
through the learning management system upon hire.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Dining and Catering Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!