Customer Service Representative
Company: Gast Manufacturing
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: September 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide exceptional customer service to a broad
range of customers and distributors. Takes personal responsibility
for the customer experience by responding to customer calls,
emails, inquires, requests and complaints that may require research
to reach a solution and deliver superior customer service in a
prompt, respectful and professional manner to ensure customer
satisfaction. Demonstrate a high standard of cross functional
collaboration to gather accurate information for customer requests.
Enjoys working hard in an action-oriented environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage new order requests, quote requests, expedite requests,
change orders request, RMA requests, accounting issues and other
inquires as needed from OTR (Order to Remittance).
- Accurately and efficiently enter purchase orders in JDE system,
which requires attention to critical customer requirements and
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated
customer service concerns in order to reach and effective solution
which may entail coordinating with and working through other
departments throughout the organization.
- Achieve standard metrics assigned to the department; complete
responsibilities through a process driven environment, meet
deadlines and uphold accountability.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining a
high level of customer obsession; even under pressure.
- Ability to build relationships and maintain a positive attitude
with customers, team members and other internal customers.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a collaborative
team setting to provide cross functional support to the team and
throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance process with appropriate
decision making for both internal and external customers; ability
to think outside the box.
- Collaborate cross functionally to improve and streamline
- Possess ability to embrace change, lead change and maintain a
- Continuous Gast and JUN-AIR product knowledge development.
- Acquire the knowledge of working with customers globally.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and documentation
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead when
- Excellent phone and email "etiquette" in a professional,
- Able to work within established processes and authority
- Efficient, effective communication with all levels of business
culture, both internal and external
- Strong computer skills (MRP Knowledge, Microsoft Office, Teams,
- Very organized in areas of planning and time management; uses
time effectively and efficiently
- Works effectively with internal and external customers to
resolve, troubleshoot and communicate unfavorable answers in a
constructive and professional manner
- Capable of working remotely and in person as environment
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Midland , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!