Employment with Suburban Inns is more than just a
- Earned Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team
- Paid FMLA for those who qualify
- Paid holidays
- Hotel discounts
- Flexible hours (dependent on position)
- Employee incentive programs
Compensation (based on experience):
Responsible for providing a warm welcome and a thank you to all
guests, as well as coordinate the flow of the guests throughout the
sections of the restaurant in an organized and timely fashion while
following Suburban Inns Core Values, local health department, and
IHG standards (standards are available online at IHGmerlin.com), as
well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100%
- Report to work in uniform, presented neat and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions
of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are
welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests,
then go one step further
- Welcome each guest as they enter, and thank them as they
- Seat guests at suitable tables for their needs and according to
rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of
- Pre-bus, clear tables, and wipe them down
- Wipe down menus
- Answer phone calls, take reservations and to-go orders
- Take and deliver Room Service orders.
- Check to make sure restrooms are presentable, stock/clean as
- Wipe down booster seats and high chairs
- Clean front doors and restaurant windows
- Make sure that host stand is always stocked (crayons, kid
menus, reservation forms, etc.)
- Check hotel hallways for room service trays
- Set up the patio in the a.m./close down in the p.m.
- Run food and beverage when necessary
- Wipe down all games
- Ensure the entrance to the restaurant is clean
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract
information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Good
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Verbal &Written
- Weekly - Participation in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work
team which includes all departments within the restaurant
and Physical Effort
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses.
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job
requires ability to adapt to change.
Manual Skills: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily assignments
involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination
in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily
assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or
equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds)
materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
Physical Environment: Significant portions (more than 50%) of
daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or
temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level,
slippery, or unstable.
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day,
evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies
according to business demands and needs.
Occupational Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of
daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns,
exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury
sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning
equipment or materials.
Ergonomics Risks: Some portions (10 50%) of daily assignments
involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful
or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures,
heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor
body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and
procedures of Suburban Inns.
Required Travel: Position does not involve travel to other
Suburban Inns properties.
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines
Uniform: Uniform shirt and name tag provided. Suburban Inns
approved black slacks or jeans(within guidelines) and black,
close-toed, non-slip shoes are the responsibility of the Team
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only, or must
be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must be of a
natural color, and kept well-groomed. This policy will be
administered by the positions supervisor, without regard to race,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight,
genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The Director of Operations has the authority to
veto any decision made by the positions supervisor.
Powered by JazzHR