Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Reliability
Engineer located in Midland, MI. This role facilitates development
of the business/facility maintenance strategy, and solves
reliability and availability losses through application of
reliability technology and tools to enable the plant to meet its
business plan and strategy. Focuses on those opportunities that
over a long-term period or historically have impacted the plant's
measured asset capability and the opportunities identified as
"high-risk" in risk assessments, reliability models and other
evaluations. Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge
in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
Responsibilities / Duties
* Sets and Achieves plant PSR targets.
* Creates Equipment Reliability Strategies based upon Top
Opportunity List, Critical Equipment List, and identified
* Validates ERS implementation and closes gaps to
improve/sustain reliability improvement.
* Evaluates effectiveness of individual aspects of the PPM
program by showing quantitatively the impact of failures and
Predictive Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
* Optimizes PPM activities, on an on-going basis, to support
overall productivity improvements.
* Identifies and resolve Top Reliability Opportunities and
decrease equipment failure losses in order to meet the site Product
Supply Reliability improvement goals for the given year.
* Develops and maintains, as requested, a model that identifies
the unit operations, equipment, process, etc. that identifies the
value of opportunities for improvement.
* Uses reliability engineering principles and tools (Weibull,
RCI, FMEA) to identify and eliminate negative reliability trends
and equipment performance.
* Participates in plant health study and efforts to implement
corrective action to maintain or improve plant health.
* Develops and implements the Facility Reliability Strategy.
* Serves as RCI Team Leader with proven RCI skills, coaches
others in RCI facilitation and ensures strong RCI/CAPA fundamentals
are practiced within the unit.
* Provides front end loading support for plant Turnarounds.
* Facilitates the Reliability Team and implement of the HRO
principles within the unit, building strong partnerships and
coaching/teaching as needed.
* Facilitates the annual maintenance budget setting process.
* Assists maintenance representatives and project teams to
design reliability, availability, and maintainability into new
plants and equipment systems using GPM work process discipline.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
* A minimum of 3 years reliability, engineering, manufacturing
or related experience preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role
and may be provided based on eligibility.
* A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits * On-going learning
opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work
environment * Career experiences that can span different Dow
businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and
professional growth * The chance to work within a global company
and interact with colleagues from around the world * Opportunities
that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at