Senior Survey Technician - Midland
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, we create
great places. And we do it by being uncompromisingly people-centric
and delivering innovation day in and day out.
As more than 500 professionals delivering award-winning work
across the architecture, engineering and planning disciplines, we
believe that collaboration breeds higher-grade solutions and that
something incredible grows from a team of experts with individual
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working
together, driven to make a difference through people-focused
problem solving, design, and ideas. In everything we do, we put
people first. We create places for communities of people that help
solve a problem and drive them forward-advancing the whole
community today and well into the future.
What You'll Contribute to OHM Advisors
The Senior Survey Technician is the foundation of the survey
team, providing technical expertise with the survey equipment,
software, standards, and data reporting. This is a growth position,
looking for a person willing to take on responsibility and stay
current with technology. An engaged and driven technician is highly
valued at OHM and a critical part of the team.
- Work with direct supervisor to establish project plan and
objectives including timeframes, budgets, staffing, and project
- Direct Survey Crew members by assigning responsibilities and
overseeing all work performed by the Survey Crew.
- Understand project scope and convey requirements to the Survey
- Oversee survey work to ensure safe work environments by
complying with the company and/or site-specific health and safety
plans (e.g., proper personal protection equipment, obtaining and
maintaining First Aid and CPR certification, etc.).
- Provide technical expertise.
- Provides input on surveying and construction-related issues,
procedures, practices, protocols, and methods.
- Recommends changes in design, specifications, budget, and
schedule, consistent with project objectives to the direct
- Ensure survey crew performance and provide leadership to field
crews including train, supervise, coach, and mentor crew members
and less-experienced crew chiefs.
- Has the authority to use assigned resources to meet timelines,
schedules, budgets, and profit objectives.
- May review the quality control and quality assurance
procedures, as necessary.
- Any authority may be delegated by the immediate
- Perform survey activities such as leveling, traversing,
topographic mapping, construction layout, as-built surveys,
boundary surveys, profile, and cross-section surveys.
- Calculate parcel and lot lines locations and/or easement lines
using taxation information and/or title information.
- Prepares easement and right-of-way descriptions and documents,
with drawings if required.
- May be responsible for processing field data.
- Perform physical tasks such as line clearing, pounding stakes,
setting monuments, and locating critical underground objects.
- Record field notes legibly and accurately while following
company standards and operating guidelines.
- Assist in project control by adhering to set project
- Share project information and other field observations deemed
pertinent to the project.
- Ability to work mostly in the field as well as in the office
- Understand state and local regulations regarding surveying
standards and practices.
- Effectively communicate information to staff and leadership
- Checks accuracy of completed work and works with direct
supervisor to ensure compliance with QA/QC program.
As a trusted member of OHM Advisors' Field Services Group, you
will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who
collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to
continually advance the communities we serve.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a survey, engineering,
or similar technical program
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Certified Survey Technician (CST) Level II, preferred, or five
years of previous survey experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in diverse surveying
- Must have experience in all types of surveying equipment and
- Strong aptitude for mathematics, specifically trigonometry and
- Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation V8, and
- Familiarity with DOT survey standards preferred.
- Proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Must have a valid and current driver's license.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn't just for our clients. We're committed to
moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you'll enjoy
challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating
innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there's not
just cool work on big projects. You'll be empowered to create your
own career path in a culture that supports your individual
professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through
continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our
opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
Keywords: OHM, Midland , Senior Survey Technician - Midland, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!