Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Technician
Company: Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Dow has an exciting job opportunity as an Environmental Health &
Safety (EH&S) Technician located in Midland, MI.
The EH&S Technician shares responsibility for the
implementation of the EH&S management system, in order to meet
business objectives and to maintain the license to operate.
Provides hands-on environmental, industrial hygiene (IH), and
health and safety (H&S) activities for a specific plant.
Requires established basic EH&S skills to perform a range of
routine work activities using existing standard EH&S procedures
and/or analytical/ scientific methods.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Implements detailed, task level, day to day EH&S programs,
utilizing the EH&S work process, standards and procedures.
- Ensures that the Environmental, IH, and Health and Safety
aspects of operating discipline are adequate and applied to achieve
EH&S performance goals. In most cases, would perform the role
of section owner for the EH&S sections of operating
- Acts as the Plant resource for related EH&S information on
procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Serves as plant contact for Environmental, IH, and Health and
- Coaches teams and individuals on EH&S related tasks and
- Assists in developing and achieving area or plant EH&S
- Ensures compliance tasks are completed.
- Performs/coordinates certain Environmental, and IH monitoring,
data collection, analyzing and reporting for the Plant.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance
for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses
incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a
position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will
be responsible for all costs that you incur.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your
regular scheduled) if required.
- A current, valid drivers license is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
- Must be an organized self-starter exhibiting good judgment and
the flexibility to adapt to priority changes and demands.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
AND, must meet ONE of the following:
- An Associate's Degree in a related field OR 4+ years of
- In lieu of degree/military, experience in manufacturing working
with Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) standards is
This role will have an assessment to complete during the
application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete
the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to
save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on
the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us
or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
Keywords: Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Technician, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!