Employment with Suburban Inns is more than just a
- Earned Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team
- Paid FMLA for those who qualify
- Paid holidays
- Hotel discounts
- Flexible hours (dependent on position)
- Employee incentive programs
Compensation (based on experience)
Responsible for providing strong sales techniques and excellent
guest service, according to Suburban Inns Core Values and IHG
standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests
are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask
questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel
they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests,
then go one step further
- Emulate the Suburban Inns sales sheets and use suggestive
selling with each reservation inquiry
- Maximize rate and occupancy, and recognize when to walk away
from a reservation
- Collect leads and prospect new business, communicate the
information with the Sales Department
- Gather the appropriate data from each guest, from address
information to credit cards and signatures
- Clearly state all necessary policies and hotel information to
- Follow the shift checklists each day, completing every task in
order to ensure smooth and efficient hotel operations
- Record any special needs or requests and unique occurrences
throughout the shift in the daily logbook Communicate any
unordinary occurrences to the next shift. Communication is
instrumental in smooth operations
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace at the front desk and
- Perform property walk-arounds as needed throughout the shift,
and address all issues encountered. All trash, used towels,
room service trays, etc. must be picked up. Keep eyes open
for any and all safety and security issues. Report any
problems to the appropriate department and General Manager
- Complete any required emergency training needed according to
IHG standards, with documentation of training being completed.
Stay knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and aware of
how to handle each situation
- Complete any required IHG training for front desk procedures
and Priority Club. 100% responsible for ensuring Priority
Club standards are exceeded each shift
- Responsible for the settlement and reconciling of guest
accounts and paperwork
- Balance cash drawer and make appropriate cash drops
- Provide excellent guest service:
- Supply information to guests regarding hotel
policies, services, and amenities
- Respond to guest requests for assistance and
information on the surrounding areas, such as directions,
dining, and entertainment
- Handle all guest concerns and be able to problem solve in a
tactful, professional manner
- Maintain open lines of communication between all departments
within the hotel
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract
information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Typing,
record keeping, and word processing skills. Good
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position
requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Verbal & Written
- Weekly - Participation in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal
work team within the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses.
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform
this job requires ability to adapt to change.
Manual Skills: Significant portions (more than 50%) of
daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring
motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g.,
typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of
daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material
or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30
pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
Physical Environment: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily
assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature
/ weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level,
slippery, or unstable.
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between
day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments.
Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
Occupational Risks: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily
assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns,
exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury
sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning
equipment or materials.
Ergonomics Risks: Some portions (10 50%) of daily
assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive
tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration,
cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of
heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies
and procedures of Suburban Inns.
Required Travel: Position does not require travel to other
Suburban Inns properties or client locations. Work is
completed on the property.
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines
Uniform: Uniform shirt and name tag provided. Suburban
Inns approved black slacks and close-toed shoes are the
responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only, or
must be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must
be of a natural color, and kept well-groomed. This policy
will be administered by the positions supervisor, without regard to
race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height,
weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other
protected characteristics. The Director of Operations has the
authority to veto any decision made by the positions
Powered by JazzHR