Local High School Co-op - Michigan (2 High School Seniors)
Company: Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dow, located in the Midland, MI Area (Bay City, Auburn, Midland),
is seeking local qualified, highly committed individuals for
cooperative education employment while the student is in their
senior year of high school (2). This program is for
already-successful high school students who meet all of the listed
requirements and can simultaneously succeed both in school and in a
professional work environment.
The high school positions provide basic support for various
departments or buildings. Positions are usually in office
environments, but occasionally there is a need in a laboratory or
production environment. This opportunity gives the student exposure
to several different roles, careers, environments and people while
handling necessary entry-level work in support of the department.
This is also an opportunity to broaden interpersonal and time
management skills since the Dow work environment is much different
than home, school or most other work environments available to
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES
* Computer work using Microsoft Office applications, file servers,
internal websites, etc.
* Paperwork or basic office responsibilities utilizing various
equipment (copy machines, faxing, scanning, multi-line phones,
* Errands and escorting visitors
* Organizing, filing, stocking, and/or help with managing supply
* Willingness to do whatever is needed to assist the team with
necessary work and changing priorities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Prior job experience is not required. Training will be
* Student must be able to communicate and work professionally with
coworkers and interface with managers, suppliers, and
* Dependability is essential -- being prompt, having good
attendance, and being very committed to the job and quality
* Able to handle basic responsibility and complete work in an
expected time frame.
* Reliable and team-oriented.
* Taking initiative on things that need to be done before being
asked is an asset and advantage.
* Will ask questions when unsure or needing more direction.
* Appropriate dress for a professional environment.
* Student must be able to work 12.5 to 20 hours per week as either
a morning co-op (shift beginning not before 8:00 am) OR as an
afternoon co-op (shift ending at 4:30 or 5:00 pm).
* Commitment to the role for one full academic school year is
required (at least mid-August 2021 through mid-May 2022).
* Student must be at least 16 years of age and a senior during the
2 school year.
* Students must be enrolled in a local high school and referred to
us separately by their high school's co-op office who will have
* Students must have and maintain a 2.700 or higher term and
cumulative grade point average.
* Student must have dependable transportation.
* Student must adhere to all Dow environmental and safety
standards, including its smoke-free and drug-free workplace
policies. Additionally, students who receive a job offer will be
required to pass a drug screen/medical evaluation
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit or on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at or you may call us at 1-.
Keywords: Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Local High School Co-op - Michigan (2 High School Seniors), Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!