Company: John Crane Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating
equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services
to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a
variety of products including mechanical seals and systems,
couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital
monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed
through a global network of more than 200 sales and service
facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was
greater than 1 Billion USD (830m). John Crane is part of Smiths
Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered
Break down, evaluate, clean, inspect, repair, and test
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles, Inspects, tests, and packages Seals or sub -
assemblies well working at various stations, machines, test
- Trouble Shoot Problems during assembly and makes suggestions
for corrective actions.
- Assist when needed with rotating inventory.
- Completes quality check documents for all Seals repaired.
- Ensures all required parts for an assembly job are received and
in correct condition; receives and issues materials from
- Works from specifications, assembly drawings, shipping orders
standards or verbal instructions.
- Receives parts to inventory and picks parts to jobs using hand
held scanners. Help solve inventory discrepancies as
- Scans completed orders into AS400 system.
- Help Shipper/Receiver when required.
- Performs incoming receiving following all branch
- Remains aware of safety practices and work in a safe
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Prior assembly experience or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Good attention to detail
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design,
manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that
meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions
of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around
23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real
impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving
healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and
supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical
to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and
high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome
colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility,
enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a
business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five
global divisions, all experts in their field.
Keywords: John Crane Inc, Midland , Assembly Technician, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!