Financial Analyst - Supply Chain - Cost Accounting
Company: Meijer, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to
help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position provides timely, accurate and actionable periodic
financial statements and reporting for merchandising and store
units that accurately reflect the operational results of the
business. Accountable for the ongoing analysis of product costing,
margin analysis and operational performance metrics.
What You'll be Doing:
- Calculate and perform weekly entries for the Supply Chain
- Completes period-end functions including reviewing and
estimating impacts to Supply Chain P&L's. Performs the research
necessary to determine the appropriate corrections per GAAP.
- Generates financial reporting for upper management each
- Maintain data accumulation systems for the cost accounting
system (MPRS). Continually review data transfer points where errors
could occur, and work with ITS to correct and enhance.
- Review and report on margins by product and product category.
Work with merchandising and supply chain on fluctuations from
- Represent cost accounting on larger cross functional projects.
Understand the impact projects could have on cost accounting and
product flow and ultimately the impact on the financial statements
(consolidated, store, merch, and/or distribution statements).
- Designs and creates new processes and leads process
improvements on large scale cross functional projects
- Works with and assists various areas of the Company in
gathering, analyzing and interpreting financial and operating
- Creates and evaluates strategic financial models of proposed
- Analyzes complex business and financial issues and is able to
summarize and communicate them effectively to their respective
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 5+ Years of accounting experience with an emphasis in cost
- Previous experience with new system implementations strongly
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and its application
- Ability to perform financial modeling
- Specialized knowledge in activity-based costing
- Strong analytical skills to be able to determine root cause and
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office products,
and other cost accounting systems
- Excellent communication skills across multiple organizational
levels and multiple functional areas
Keywords: Meijer, Inc., Midland , Financial Analyst - Supply Chain - Cost Accounting, Other , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!