Veterans Preferred - Intellectual Property Business Services Leader
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow has an exciting
opportunity for an Intellectual Property (IP) Business Services
Leader located in Midland, MI .
Aligned with the Legal Department strategy, you will drive internal
change to reduce Legal's cost to serve, collaborate with functional
partners and clients to ensure delivery of both run the business
operations and support as well as strategic initiatives and
projects within the Intellectual Property section of the Legal
Department. You will provide leadership to the IP Business Services
team and have accountability for the performance and results of the
team. As a leader, you will foster a work environment with a high
level of integrity and strong customer and safety focus that
embraces inclusion and diversity, innovation and sustainability,
continuous improvement, and empowerment. Also, you will be
- Define and implement strategy through contributions as member
of the Legal Leadership Council, Intellectual Property (IP)
Leadership Team, and the Preferred Provider Program team.
- Communicate standards, anticipate potential objections, and
persuade others - often at senior grades, both inside and outside
of Legal - to adopt a different point of view and align with
- Lead team to bring increased focus, governance,
standardization, and internal and external discipline to
Intellectual Property outside counsel processes and spend
management to drive ongoing cost savings for Dow.
- Lead team to provide centralized transactional services for the
Intellectual Property Section, including support and recording of
IP asset transfers, entity-to-entity assignments, patent
maintenance and abandonment; patent and trademark docketing; IP
reporting and metrics; IP support during mergers, acquisitions &
divestitures; and management of patent deposit accounts.
- Develop, own, and manage external vendor relationships (e.g. IP
Law's foreign filing, translation, EP validation, and invoice
- Lead team to standardize work processes, tools, and reporting
to monitor, track metrics, and ensure compliance with documented
Department standards and processes and Company systems and
- Set priorities for team and allocate resources to align with
Department objectives and plans of execution.
- Engage in Mergers, Acquisition, & Divestiture activities,
particularly in early stages, to ensure seamless and successful
- Ensure work process designs contemplate compliance and internal
- Provide oversight and management of Intellectual Property
documents and coordination with non-HQ IP sites to meet long-term
document storage needs.
- Provide support and resources for the IP Law annual budgeting
process; provide ad hoc data to assist IP leaders with strategic
decision making and responding to client inquiries.
- Directly responsible for annual budget of approximately $1
Your knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Teamwork - is essential as this role is liaison not only within
and across legal teams but must work closely with other Dow
functions, such as R&D and Finance.
- Problem Solving - skills are essential to assist team members
remove barriers and/or work through obstacles.
- Communication - skills are key to ensure successful change
management and adoption/adherence to standard processes.
- Technical - skills are beneficial to understand the
interconnections between systems and make recommendations to
- Leadership - ability to effectively inspire, coach, and develop
employees to meet their full potential.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years of corporate Legal department or Dow
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Your preferred qualifications include:
- A degree discipline in Business Administration/Management,
Finance, Computer Information Systems, or Legal Studies.
- Intellectual Property experience.
- Prosci Change Practitioner.
Note : Relocation assistance is not available for this
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Veterans Preferred - Intellectual Property Business Services Leader, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!