Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Security Dispatcher Position Summary:
This position performs expeditor and clerical duties in conjunction
with the activities and operation of Facility Services, which
includes Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security and Facility
A day in the life as aSecurity Dispatcher with MyMichigan
- (35%)* Receives telephone, verbal and written service requests
and records information.
- (35%)* Communicates by dispatching, verbal, and/or writing
information to appropriate staff.
- (5%)* Receives, records, and distributes information and/or
items of Lost & Found.
- (25%)* Creates and issues badges for the entire health
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inputs data via TMS system for maintenance database, assists by
providing maintenance reports as required.
- Performs telephone calls to schedule operational services.
- Maintains records.
- Monitor and page all fire codes as received on the fire
monitor/computer system located in dispatch, monitor all panel and
computer alarms and report to the appropriate staff.
- Records all security activities on security dispatch
- Records data for Environment of Care committee, as well as
other related paperwork functions.
- Other duties as assigned, such as cross training of the
Switchboard Operator role, including: Answer all incoming calls
expediently, executes proper disposition of calls in a professional
manner, and provides all callers efficient communication means
- Pages physicians, on call employees, and other personnel as
requested, maintain accurate up-to-date records of the whereabouts
and methods of reaching personnel, and provide service as needed on
a frequent basis.
- Regularly maintains files on patient information with constant
awareness and protection of patient rights and confidentiality,
giving family and friends an opportunity to converse with the
- Monitors code lights, emergency phone lines, TDD line, and City
of Midland emergency warning system.
- Remains prepared to page appropriate emergency code at any
given moment according to proper procedure, and produces accurate
warning and safety measures for patients and personnel on a regular
- Receives and records calls from Doctor s Exchange Line, relays
messages to physicians for after office hours calls, enters patient
messages in computer, and documents how physician was contacted on
a regular basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge and skill
in reading, writing, mathematics, computer, and typing normally
acquired through completion of high school or equivalent
- Knowledge of office practices, policies and procedures as
normally acquired through 18 months to 2 years experience working
in a medical center or similar setting preferred.
- Information retention skills needed to accurately take and
- Organizational skills needed to prioritize workload and record
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels to communicate
information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer to establish and generate
record keeping systems and reports.
- Basic knowledge of Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Security
- Mandatory tuberculosis (TB) testing must be done annually.
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must be completed annually according to the Exposure
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING
CONDITIONS:Exposure to stressful situations, including those
involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death. Able
to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex materials
or appropriate substitute if required for your position.Is able to
move freely about facility with or without an assisted device and
must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the
job description. Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or
without assisted device(s).Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
for long periods of time.May require frequent postural changes such
as stooping, kneeling or crouching. Some exposure to blood borne
pathogens and other potentially infectious material.Must follow
MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
stay awake.Overall dexterity is required including handling,
reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling.May require repetition of
these movements on a regular to frequent basis. Physical Demand
Level: Sedentary. Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the
workday) lift or carry 0-10 lbs.
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Midland , Security Dispatcher, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!