Sterile Tech (SPD)
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Summary Sterile Tech (SPD) Position Summary: This position
performs tasks of varying complexity. These include:
decontamination of soiled instrumentation and equipment, stocking
of shelves, issuing patient care supplies and equipment, preparing
supplies for surgical cases, performing routine departmental
preventative maintenance, maintaining departmental charge and
tracking information and performing miscellaneous duties as
assigned. A day in the life as a Sterile Tech (SPD) with MyMichigan
- (40%)* Retrieves and decontaminates surgical instruments and
patient care equipment.
- (30%)* Restocks supplies to maintain established levels in
order to fill supply requests.
- (20%)* Compiles the supplies and instrumentation for surgical
- (10%)* Performs preventative maintenance and cleaning of
departmental equipment and sterilizers. OTHER DUTIES AND
- Maintains departmental charge and tracking data.
- Completes miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Attends departmental staff in-services/meetings and adheres to
policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities leading to
becoming a national certified technician within two years of hire
date or transfer to position.
- Completes departmental orientation and training.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- SPD certification preferred at the time of hire or transfer to
position, and required within two years of hire date or transfer to
- Proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Basic PC and keyboarding skills.
- Organizational skills needed to prioritize daily workflow.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communication successfully with
individual and groups in the medical center, including peers,
management and customers.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows. An
employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health. PHYSICAL/MENTAL
REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:Exposure to stressful
situations, including those involving public contact, as well as,
trauma, grief and death.Able to wear personal protective equipment
that includes latex materials or appropriate substitute if required
for your position.Is able to move freely about facility with or
without an assisted device and must be able to perform the
functions of the job as outlined in the job description.Overall
vision and hearing is necessary with or without assisted
device(s).Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of
time.May require frequent postural changes such as stooping,
kneeling or crouching.Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and
other potentially infectious material.Must follow MidMichigan
Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.Ability to
handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work independently,
regular and predictable attendance and ability to stay
awake.Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling.May require repetition of these
movements on a regular to frequent basis.Physical Demand Level:
Light.Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday) lift or
carry 11-20 lbs., frequently (34-66% of the workday) 10 lbs. and or
Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Sterile Tech (SPD), Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!