Patient Sched Representative
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments in
multiple departments and medical centers/clinics for clinical
diagnostic or therapeutic exams. This position requires the
collection of accurate demographic, insurance and diagnostic data
elements. This position also requires a broad knowledge of
scheduling, registration and payer requirements necessary to secure
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (25%)* Obtain necessary data elements (demographic) to schedule
appointment and enter the information into the scheduling
- (25%)* Create a pre-registration for each scheduled visit
including capture of insurance and financial information.
- (25%)* Verify insurance using online electronic verification
system or by contacting payer directly. Confirm eligibility of
benefits such as coverage limits and effective dates.
- (25%)* Collaborate with the physician offices to secure
authorization, pre-certification and/or notification when
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform scanning of orders in to the computer based operating
system for upcoming encounters.
- Provide instructions to the patient and/or providers offices
regarding required preparation.
- Work with staff and management to achieve defined
scheduling/authorization weekly metrics.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Education: High School Diplomaor GED
- One year medical office experience in a Medical Center or
similar setting required.
- Phone, listening, and interpersonal skills needed to
communicate successfully with individuals and groups and interact
with people at all levels to communicate ideas and concepts in a
clear and understandable manner.
- Windows PC and Internet experience is required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - cover coworker
duties as needed, participate in department teams, offer
suggestions for work flow improvement.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex
materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of
- May require frequent postural changes such as stooping,
kneeling or crouching.
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
- Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB
testing as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling.
- May require repetition of these movements on a regular to
- Physical Demand Level: Sedentary.Must be able to occasionally
(0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 0-10 lbs.
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Midland , Patient Sched Representative, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!