MRI Technologist - $3,750 Sign on Bonus!
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
*** $3,750 Sign on Bonus may be Available with 2 year Commitment!
MRI Technologist Position Summary:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not
limited to; performing magnetic resonance imaging on patients
utilizing highly technical equipment and administering contrast
materials as required. Other functions that may be assigned.
Why You Will Love Being a MRI Technologist at MyMichigan
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life of a MRI Technologist at MyMichigan Health:
- (25%)* Prepare scan room and patient for examination.
- (25%)* Draw up IV contrast if needed; administer oral contrast
if indicated; perform warm-up procedure on equipment; enter patient
data and appropriate scan parameters; review patient data to assure
proper exam; review previous exams. Interview and screen patients
for contraindications prior to having and MRI study; explain the
procedure and answer patient questions.
- (25%)* Transport patient into exam room, assist patient &
position appropriately for exam; determine if allergic to anything;
inject appropriate IV contrast; perform scan with attention to
appropriate positioning; be alert for need of additional or thinner
slices/images. Utilize correct protocols, coils, restraints and
other materials when scanning.
- (15%)* Assure proper marking with regard to orientation of
patient; enter images with keypad with attention to order of
- (10%)* Prepare records for radiologist and assures that all
clinical information is complete; assures that exam images are in
correct order; provide additional information as required.
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- Associate Degree required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- ARRT registry or registry eligible required within two years of
- ARRT MRI required within two years of hire.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to
communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient flow; maintains a patient log; assure that
appropriate charges are entered into computer system.
- Assure proper equipment operation. Notify manager of equipment
failure; call service provider as required; keeps equipment
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , MRI Technologist - $3,750 Sign on Bonus!, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!