Network Security Operations Specialist at Dow Chemical in Midland, MI: Kelly Ser
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Kelly Services, Inc. is happy to exclusively present a contract
opportunity for a role as a Network Security Operations Specialist
at Dow Chemical in Midland, MI.
Interviewing NOW for a June start!
- Our Preferred Candidate has exposure to how networks operate,
Firewalls and Network Security, whether that be through schooling
or hands on experience in the Corporate IT network space.
- This position focuses on the operation of network firewalls,
switches, routers, wireless and their associated traffic
- An education in Information Security is preferred; Do you
possess a degree in, or working on 2 or 4-year degree? We are
looking for that person who can hit the ground running with this
intermediate network knowledge.
- This contract position is located onsite in Midland, MI USA at
Dow Chemical Company.
- Long Term Role - OPEN ended - secure to grow & learn in
- M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Hourly Pay based on experience! $20.00-25.00/hr min
The Information Security Services (ISS) team is a group that
provides IT security services along with consultation on security
policies and standards to clients on all platforms and
applications. This role is primarily focused on executing
operational processes related to protecting Dow's network and
This position is to serve as an ISS Network Security Operations
Specialist, and is responsible to understand and execute network
security operational processes to support compliance. This
- Working directly with Network Security Subject Matter Experts
(SMEs) to build/implement procedural documentation.
- Assessing Network Security Operational Requests against Network
Security Standards and Best Practices
- Manage Service Escalations from Clients to Network Security
- Participate in IT audits
- Optimize and Operationalize Existing Processes
- Provide Network Security Operations Governance and Metrics
- Daily Management of Incoming Questions and Requests
Critical Success Factors:
- Interest in Security Career or developing a deeper
understanding of IT security.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Understanding of the OSI Networking Model and core Information
- Team player
- Attention to details
- Able resolve complex problems situations and technical
- Manage multiple initiatives
- Great client communication skills
- Ability to pick up new items and concepts quickly
- A minimum of 3+ years Information Technology experience. A
concentration in Information Security is preferred.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Associate's degree or higher in Management Information Systems,
Computer Science or related field (will consider working on IS
- An interest in Information Security / Networking.
- CCNA / Network+ certification a plus or interested in
- CISSP / Security+ certification a plus or interested in
- We appreciate all our applicants, but we are not able to
sponsor at this time; no C2C or H-1B.
- There is no 'per diem' with this position, and must be able to
work on W-2 hourly basis.
- There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this
position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those
This role is supported by the Kelly Services GTS - Recruiting and
As your local offices do not support this position, for immediate
consideration, please apply online to this posting directly.
With Kelly, youll have direct connections to leading IT
organizations in the best companies around
the globeoffering you the chance to work on some of todays most
intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant,
our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We
work with 95 of the Fortune 100
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each
year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us
help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not
limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Midland , Network Security Operations Specialist at Dow Chemical in Midland, MI: Kelly Ser, Other , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!