Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description -Civil/Structural/HVAC Designer Position located
at Client's Midland, Michigan site. This position is part of
Technical Expertise & Support (TES), a global organization within
Client which is instrumental in designing and constructing
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.Special
- Ability to read and understand design drawings and details,
structural steel shop and erection drawings, rebar placement
drawings, ductwork/piping plans and sections, as well as submittal
drawings from vendors and specialty contractors.
- Proficient in drawing production; understanding importance of
drawing clarity and presentation.
- Willingness to work at an operating chemical plants to take
measurements and collect field data and verify engineering
drawings, under all climate and weather conditions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of engineering and design standards,
practices and procedures including HVAC equipment sizing, ductwork
sizing, and piping/plumbing sizing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Good people skills required; willingness to work with people
from diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds, from clients to
- Capable of coordinating and checking the work of
internationally located designers.
- MicroStation V8i and/or equivalent 2D CAD drafting experience
- Proficient at 3D modeling - SP3D preferred.
- Knowledge of shop and construction practices desired.
- Some knowledge of surveying and estimating desired.
- Willingness to travel independently to other Client sites in
North America - travel estimate 10%.
- Self-starter, independent, ability to work with very little
supervision, great work ethic; willingness to learn, take
direction/instructions, and accept constructive
- 5 years minimum structural and/or HVAC design/ drafting
- Civil and/or architectural design experience desirable.
- Desired but not required HVAC experience; Airside systems
including packaged air-cooled equipment, central air handlers, VAV
supply, VAV laboratories, industrial ventilation, and general
ventilation. Waterside systems including air-cooled chillers,
water-cooled chillers, pumps, coils, and control valves.
- Prior chemical industry experience desired, but not
- Associates degree in design preferred, but not required.
- Provide samples of work, if available.Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead structural/HVAC designer on capital projects with
responsibility for overall development of work packages.
- Planning, coordinate, and review work of other designers
located at global engineering sites.
- Perform field visit to collect and document field data, then
generate rough sketches, or schematics to develop engineering
concepts and complete designs.
- Collaborate with other engineer disciplines including piping,
mechanical, electrical, and instrument in order to produce
constructible work packages.
- Use as-built facility documentation as basis for new designs
and to assist with Front End Loading (FEL) for small and
- Make revisions/adjustments to existing design/drawings and
develop original design/drawings.
- Estimate time required for completion of projects.--Why
Kelly--?Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find
the right fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect
you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow,
collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with
top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Midland , Civil/Structural/HVAC Designer, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!