Veterans Preferred - Maintenance Electrical Planner
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow has an exciting
opportunity for a Maintenance Electrical Planner located in
This planner role will be mostly supporting electrical specific
Predictive Preventative Maintenance (PPMs) and daily plans for the
entire Midland area. Will need to work closely with all the plants
throughout Midland to plan and develop electrical outages needed to
complete the required job scopes.
Creates electrical job packages from the work order scope which
contains all of the information regarding required labor material
and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of
the work. Requires broadened technical skills in
analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a
defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for
team members with less experience.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Uses feedback from the person doing the work to optimize the work
- Reviews work orders for technical completeness and returns work
orders to gatekeeper, if not complete.
- Carries out field checks, when needed.
- Prepares job package and inputs plan into SAP indicating the
required resources, materials, and services.
- Identifies task activities necessary to execute job plan, and
identifies materials/tools/equipment required to perform tasks.
- Identifies/solicits safety information and requirements necessary
to safely perform tasks.
- Supports Maintenance Procedure Use Policy by ensuring all job
packages include a procedure or the task is on the Procedure
Exemption list before the job package is released. Checks that all
Maintenance Procedures include a hazard assessment.
- Serves as a technical resource during procedure creation and
review, as needed. Creates, develops, changes, updates job
procedures and checklists, and initiates procedure Management of
Change (MOC), as required.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for
this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses
incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a
position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will
be responsible for all costs that you incur.
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Must be 18 years old or older
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability
to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support
is available for this position, including for any type of U.S.
permanent residency (green card) process
- Electrical Journeyman certifications
- Experience with 15kv distribution systems
- Experience with Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) systems
- Experience with SAP
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills are required
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a
- Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed
- Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Work in tight or closed-in spaces
- Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required
NOTE: The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work
overtime and holidays as needed and the ability to work according
to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without
reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this
This role will have an assessment to complete during the
application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete
the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to
save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the
link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Veterans Preferred - Maintenance Electrical Planner, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!