Company: Teledyne Technologies
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Company Overview Teledyne Technologies provides skilled trades
services to major corporations in North America. We specialize in
research and development, manufacturing operations, plant shut
downs and building maintenance.Our skilled trades include Tool and
Die Makers, Instrumentation, Multi-Craft , Machinists,
Pipe-fitters, Carpenters, Electricians, Work Coordinators,
EH&S, Welders, Preventative Maintenance Technicians , Planners,
Glass Blowers and others. Position Summary and Responsibilities The
Plumber- Pipe Fitter installs, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies
piping and tubing systems used in laboratories. Conducts
preventative maintenance to keep things running smoothly without
- Perform cost estimates and inspect piping systems.
- Advise project staff on code requirements and applications and
interpretation of plans and specifications.
- Evaluate new methods and material for acceptability and
adaptability to existing systems.
- Evaluate plans and specifications for compliance with plumbing
- Install lines,drains, pipe and related systems; repairs leaks,
broken pipes, water heaters, boilers, and pumps.
- Conduct industrial type plumbing installations.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe
fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
- Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or
by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and
- Assemble and install valves, pipe-fittings, and pipes composed
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic
solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and
reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Licensed as a Journeyman or Master plumber
- Applicants must have a current driver license.
- 5 years plumbing experience in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to analyze and interpret general guidelines,
blueprints, sketches and customer specifications.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to
questions from customers, co-workers and managers. We offer the
following benefits Health, Dental, Vision Paid Vacation & Sick Life
Insurance Benefits Paid Holidays, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase
Plan Educational Tuition Reimbursement Teledyne is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to
origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran
Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation while seeking employment,please email or call .
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Keywords: Teledyne Technologies, Midland , Pipefitter, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!