Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Scheduling
Specialist located in Midland, MI.
The Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist decides what, when and where
to supply for multiple production sites or multiple plants at one
site, within a single business or multiple smaller businesses.
Balances supply and demand over the operational horizon, to achieve
optimum product availability, asset utilization and supply chain
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Generates a time-phased supply schedule to fulfill business
requirements in the short-term, while considering plant wide
constraints, and meeting inventory and customer service
- Determines and/or executes the most effective regional or
global sourcing rules.
- Where applicable, implements external manufacturing agreements
or executes agreements already in place.
- Owns and operates site or regional planning models (provides
functional expertise for model operation; assures most efficient
use of information technology).
- Serves as a local site coordinator/planner for integration of
internal demand, utilities or environmental operations at a
- Routinely checks and tracks inventory quantity, slow-moving or
other inventory statuses and ensures that inventory volumes meet
- Identifies, prioritizes and addresses supply issues (e.g.
short-term capacity constraints, product shortage, emergency
customer order received, uncovered production requirement,
- Leads collaboration with customer service, manufacturing,
logistics, third-party service providers and business partners to
meet business obligations in case of unplanned events.
- Ensures proper maintenance of production parameters (material
masters, work centers, routings) to ensure effective
- Follows best practices, procedures and governance over master
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with
other supply chain personnel in the business and shared
The critical competencies required for success are: interpersonal
effectiveness, understanding customer needs, team work, taking
initiative, problem solving skills, technical proficiency in use of
computer applications and analytical skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or relevant military
experience at a U.S. E6 rank or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class or
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Note: This position does not offer relocation assistance
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Midland , Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!