Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Summary General Summary This position provides for the
transportation of materials, including lab specimens, waste,
supplies, mail, x-ray films, pharmaceuticals, and medical
records/reports throughout the Health System and beyond. This
position also provides the transportation of patients to the
Oncology Center and back to their originating point, mainly
outlying areas such as Gratiot, Houghton Lake, Harrison, Gladwin
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- (60%) Transports the following throughout MidMichigan Health
affiliates and surrounding areas: supplies, x-rays, lab
specimens/bio hazardous material, medical records, reports, mail,
blood, waste, laundry, and Oncology Center patients. This includes
regular schedules and unscheduled "stat" runs. One FTE will be
primarily responsible for Oncology Center patient transport, the
other couriers will provide backup to that function.
- (20%) Performs basic maintenance checks on all transportation
vehicles, schedules repairs, maintains log of repairs and
maintenance of vehicles.
- (20%) Continually assists with route schedule changes to gain
efficiencies within the transportation system. OTHER DUTIES AND
- Provides Excellent Customer Service.
- Full-time courier positions may require on-call coverage
participation as scheduled.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
- An employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
- Other dutirs as assigned. REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE,
TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Chauffeurs License required.
- Driving record that allows for driver insurability by
MidMichigan Health Insurance provider.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve/prioritize.
- General knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues.
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must also be completed annually according to the Exposure
- This position may require background fingerprinting check in
accordance with Michigan Public Acts 26, 27, 28, and 29.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to stressful situations,
including those involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief
and death. Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes
latex materials or appropriate substitute if required for your
position. Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description. Overall vision and hearing
is necessary with or without assisted device(s). Frequently
required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time. May require
frequent postural changes such as stooping, kneeling or crouching.
Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
infectious material. Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne
pathogen and TB testing as required. Ability to handle multiple
tasks, get along with others, work independently, regular and
predictable attendance and ability to stay awake. Overall dexterity
is required including handling, reaching, grasping, fingering and
feeling. May require repetition of these movements on a regular to
frequent basis. Physical Demand Level: Medium. Must be able to
occasionally (0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 21-50 lbs.,
frequently 34-66% of the workday 20 lbs. and or
Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls and constantly (67-100% or
the workday) 10 lbs.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Midland , Courier, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!