Company: Newmark Knight Frank
Posted on: June 26, 2019
NEWMARK KNIGHT FRANK (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial
real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform
of services to prominent multinational corporations and
institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers,
owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and
independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate
from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property
markets on six continents.
Responsible for working from blueprints and drawings in an effort
to assemble, install, test, troubleshoot, repair, adjust, and
maintain HVAC fixtures, apparatus, equipment, and wiring. Examples
of equipment installed and maintained are motors, refrigerants,
pneumatics, motor starters, circuit breakers, and CRAC units.
Performs routine repair of structures, which may include wall
repairs, carpet installation, painting, sanding walls in
preparation for painting, etc
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Perform all work functions specified in The Statement of Work for
any particular contract.
* Monitors HVAC systems and operations. Conducts preventative
maintenance in accordance with established schedules. Includes test
runs, repairs and logging equipment.
* Ability to interpret blueprints and evaluates code compliance
involving electrical installations, modifications, and HVAC
* Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls,
switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers,
cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
* Orders new HVAC parts, supplies and equipment. Maintains
* Responsible for locating and adjusting defects in HVAC systems.
Locates and repairs power outages/shortages as required.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety
procedures. Uses skill and care in the use of tools and materials
used in the refrigeration and electrical trade.
* Monitors UPS Units (Battery back-up
power/Test/monitor/log/respond to problems)
* Performs general maintenance, as needed (respond/repair/log
building problems i.e., door hardware, replace burned out bulbs,
and unclog toilets/sinks).
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or three years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
* Completion of an apprenticeship program, State Journeyman s
license or equivalent.
* Three or more years experience in facilities operations and
* Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics,
specifications, codes, electrical formulas, and handbooks.
* Ability to use various testing devices related to the electrical
and mechanical trades.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team
member in a demanding service environment.
* Must have a current valid driver s license.
* May perform other duties as assigned
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
* Generous healthcare
* Bright Horizons back-up care program
* Generous paid time off
* Education reimbursement
* Referral Program
* Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your
employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions with the absence of
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Newmark Knight Frank, Midland , Facilities Technician, Professions , Midland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!